A Day in the Life (with a 10 month old)

I was asked what a day in the life looked like for us so here goes:

Monday, August 5th

6:45 a.m.- I hear Chad get in the shower, fall back asleep.

7:08 a.m.- Chad heads downstairs, Archie wakes up after sleeping since 8 last night and Chad so graciously grabs him and takes him downstairs to play while I lie in bed and slowly wake up. Chad has been gone a lot this last week due to a conference so I think he was happy to have that extra morning time with A.

7:48 a.m.- Chad back upstairs with A, Archie sees me, smiles and then starts crying because I guess he realizes he’s hungry and since I’m his meal ticket, he cries until we go in his room and sit down to nurse.

7:52-8:05 a.m.- Archie’s morning nursing session is the longest I get out of him throughout the day.

8:06-8:22 a.m.- Diaper change, prep both of our breakfast, Archie feeds himself Joe’s O’s from Trader Joe’s and I finally sit down for both of us to eat.


8:22-8:35 a.m.- Archie eats a whole banana and quite a bit of cereal mixed in with my milk. I’m eating a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese because I have been on a serious bagel kick lately. Carbs, I love them. Chad is still home so he makes us coffee which I don’t have a chance to drink and makes himself some eggs.


8:36-8:58 a.m.- clean up from breakfast, change into running clothes, change A’s clothes and head out the door with the stroller to run to the bank and to our local butcher to pick up some meat for game night (which we are hosting this night).


8:59-9:42 a.m.- run to the bank, let Archie play with his favorite teller (he is so spoiled here!), run to the butcher, pick up 8 lbs of pork shoulder, toss it in the bottom of the jogger and run back home. 3.1 miles total with splits of 9:00, 8:50, 8:55 and 8:29 (for the last .1). Not too shabby for it being muggy and hauling a baby in the stroller. I’ll take it.



9:42-9:47 a.m.- Diaper change and placed in his crib for morning nap.

9:47-10 a.m.- Throw a load of laundry in the washer and jump in the shower. Archie is talking and playing in his crib.

10 a.m.- head downstairs to get the pork shoulder prepped and cooking.

10:10 a.m.- Archie is down for the count. Hoping it’s a long one!

10:20- 11:10 a.m.- Dinner is in the oven for the next 8 hours, I clean up the kitchen, re-heat my coffee that Chad made me, throw clothes in the dryer, and sit down to read some blogs and start writing a few posts of recipes coming down the line.

11:10-11:30 a.m.- Chad stops back by the house for 15 minutes on the way out to his other office. I was in the midst of making no-bake cookies (recipe coming soon!) and A was still napping.

11:30 a.m.- Archie wakes up (1 hour and 20 minute nap, not too shabby), daddy grabs him while I finish plopping the cookies on a cookie sheet and throw them in the fridge. We both kiss daddy goodbye.

11:35 a.m.-12:05 p.m.- Diaper change and I play with Archie in his room.


12:05-12:13 p.m.- Archie nurses

12:14-12:22 p.m.- Another diaper change (he’s a messy bear today!) and head downstairs to prep lunch.

12:22-12:35 p.m.- Lunch for Archie consists of carrots, zuchinni, cantaloupe and Joe’s O’s.


12:35-1:30 p.m.- Clean up after lunch, let A play in the basement while I fold the load of laundry and then it’s back upstairs to play in his room while I eat a granola bar and some fruit. (Lunch time is usually so busy that I eat things I can quickly ingest and then have a big dinner)

1:30 p.m.- Archie goes in his crib for nap time, I head to my room, curl my hair, put eye makeup on and prepare to rest myself. Most days I try to make an effort to be super efficient in the morning times and during his morning nap so I can try and lay down during his afternoon nap. Life is so much busier now that he is cruising everywhere, I’m also working, prepping food and taking care of the house. Chad always encourages me to rest so when I am able, so I don’t let myself feel guilty. If it doesn’t get done today (like laundry, per say), it can wait until tomorrow. I’m learning to take care of myself a little better so I can be a better wife and momma even if that does mean the house doesn’t look pristine all the time.

1:50 p.m.- Archie is out.


1:50- 3:45 p.m.- I settle into bed, read some of Give Them Grace, close my eyes and pray for sleep. I never fall asleep, Chad gets home, Archie wakes up from his nap and I rock him back to a super sleepy state to get him to nap longer because a hour is just not enough. He dozes off in my arms and I lay him down at 3:05, he immediately pops his eyes open and fusses long enough for Chad to come upstairs, grab him and take him so I lay down until 3:45 and catch a 30 minute catnap. Praise the Lord for sacrificial husbands!

3:47-3:53 p.m.- Archie nurses

3:54-4:14 p.m.- Prep dinner for Archie, feed him yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato, russet potato, half a banana and Joe’s O’s.


4:15-4:35 p.m.- Clean up after A’s dinner, diaper change, throw clothes on myself and Archie and run out the door with cookies in hand to see our friend and her newest baby gal.

4:40- 6 p.m.- Visit with Meg, Ireland and Luna.

IMG_2353 IMG_2357

6-6:35 p.m.- Pick up a couple of things on the way home at Kroger for game night.

6:35-6:50 p.m.- Get a couple odds and ends wrapped up at the house for everyone to come over.

6:50-7:08 p.m- Bath time for Archie bear, diaper, lotion and pj’s.

IMG_2363 IMG_2367 IMG_2371

7:08-7:18 p.m.- Night time nursing session, lay Archie in his crib and I hear people start to arrive for game night.

7:40 p.m.- Archie is asleep for the night.

7:40-11:30 p.m.- Everyone happily eats (pork shoulder, baked beans, chips, salsa, guacamole and caprese salad) and we are super rowdy while we play two rounds of a game. Archie sleeps right through the noise. I clean up the kitchen as a few people hang around and chat with Chad and I.

IMG_2376 IMG_2384

11:30-11:40 p.m.- Wash my face, put on my pj’s and head down to the basement to watch an episode of LOST with Chad while catching up on some blogs.

12:30 a.m.- This is way past our usual bedtime so I know I’ll be slow going in the morning but it’s always worth it for a game night with friends. Hopefully Archie will sleep until his usual 8 a.m. time. Fingers crossed. Then we start all over again.

All days are obviously different around here, some busier than others. But the days seem to pass by in the blink of an eye with chasing a ten month old around. Life is crazy busy but so fun and I’m thankful for the Lord granting rest for each day.


2 thoughts on “A Day in the Life (with a 10 month old)

  1. DessertForTwo

    I secretly love to read people’s ‘day in life’ posts. I’m so curious how people spend their time! I loved reading yours.
    And Archie is so dang cute! I love those blue eyes and that sweet smile 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s